Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Climb




The Food Entrepreneur

Most mornings I wake up not knowing how my day will unfold. Since starting my own business I have become painfully aware that there are no bosses to create the work and it is not that I don’t want to work but more that I am not always sure what the work is. I attribute this to a lack of vision, an inability to determine the task at hand. This lack of vision can easily lead to paralysis. In the beginning there were a millions things to be done; create and fine tune the product, find the right co-packer, shelf stability testing, labeling, upc code, packaging etc. Early on it felt as if the creation of the business was the end product, once that was done I would be home free…….needless to say I was a little off base with that one.